Deactivate & Delete Kik Account Permanently (Step By Step)
Prudhvi RajkumarLast Updated On: March 7, 2020
Kik Messenger is one of the most used messaging application throughout the world. It has reached 100 million downloads in a short span of time and became one of the best instant messenger application. It is available for smartphones & works with both Android and iOS. This application is having more number of fake accounts which spreads spammy messages to people. To get out of this problem users no longer wanted to use this app on their Smartphone or PC. So for those people who are very much frustrated with kik messenger, we have written down the process to Deactivate or Delete kik Account Permanently.
What is Kik Messenger & why use it?
Kik messenger is one of the most likely used text messenger and it was started in 2010. It will connect you with your friends, family and able to share Images, Videos etc., online. Mostly teenage people are interested to use this application as an alternative for e-mail and as a social network to connect with people. By simply giving the email and password you can create an account in Kik Messenger application. The best features available in Kik messenger are
- Can invite your friends to Kik Messenger.
- Able to do Video Chat with Loved ones.
- Users able to create groups of members on Kik Messenger.
- Sending Multimedia Data.
Deleting Kik Messenger account from your Smartphone
In order to deactivate/delete you kik account, you need to log out of the application first. Below are the steps to log out of KIK messenger.
- Open the Kik app on your iOS/Android device.
- Select Gear icon on the top right corner of the screen, now you will be able to see your profile id and picture.
- Here you need to select your account and then select logout.
Kik Messenger account Deactivation Process
KIK team has considered the users who want to stay away from kik messenger for a while and came up with an option to temporarily disable their KIK messenger account. All that you need to do is to follow the below 2 simple steps.
- Open http://ws.kik.com/deactivate in a web browser.
- Here you need to enter your KIK registered email id and select “GO”.
- You will be getting a deactivation link to your registered email id. Now just follow the link and its done.
This will just deactivate your account and so you can stay away from it.
Final steps to Delete Kik Account permanently
There have also been days for users getting bored with KIK or Finding a better app similar to kik messenger. In this case, to delete kik account permanently just follow the below steps.
- Visit http://ws.kik.com/delete on a web or mobile browser.
- Fill out the form details like Username, Email, and Reason for leaving KIK and tick the checkbox that states “I understand that I’m permanently deactivating my account and I won’t be able to log in again to reactivate it.”
- Select “GO”. Now you will get an email with a link to Permanently Deactivate the account.
Please note that deleting your account will delete all your personal data and won’t be able to restore it in any way.
This is the overall process and it needs 5mins of your time to delete the Kik Messenger Permanently. Before doing this thing make sure that backup all the necessary things like Images, Videos etc. If you have any questions about this process please feel free to comment below.