Permanent Fix To DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BlueScreen Error In Windows 10
PradeepLast Updated On: March 7, 2020
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION – It is also called blue screen of death error and it is a severe problem for Windows 10 users. You will experience that while the notification about the screen will be shown, your system will restart in 5 seconds. But sometimes this problem keeps on irritating you, and that you are really annoyed of observing the error on your screen again and again. You might be looking for solutions to get rid of this problem. Here, we are presenting an article to provide you the much-sought solution. Here are some simple but yet effective ways to fix DPC Watchdog Violation error in Windows 10.
One thing you might suffer from especially when you are Windows 10 user, you could find DPC Watchdog Violation error happening very frequently in your computer. Before moving to a concrete solution, let’s find out what exactly the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is and what the root of this frustrating error is.
You might also like reading Fix Kmode Exception Not Handled Windows 10 BSOD Error.
- 1 What exactly is DPC watchdog violation error?
- 2 Permanent Dpc_Watchdog_Violation windows 10 fix Methods
- 3 Conclusion
What exactly is DPC watchdog violation error?
DPC Watchdog error is a popular situation in the Windows operating system. There are some specific reasons for this error to happen. Some of them are: you got unsupported SSD firmware, or suffering from aged SSD driver model. Sometimes you also suffer from hardware incompatibility malfunctioning with your device or there is another reason- your system files might be damaged. If you are using an SSD on your computers, you must check whether it is the firmware version and it should current version.
I must tell you that Windows 10 users will face this problem whenever you will boot the Windows. Let’s discuss some methods which will fix this issue straight away.
Your Computer drivers might be outdated, you can pay a heed to them.
I am sure that you might not have updated them since the day they got installed on your computer. You might be surprised to know that this error is due to this problem and you might not have paid attention.
Permanent Dpc_Watchdog_Violation windows 10 fix Methods
All in all, you have to fix this incompatible hardware, you can also try to remove any hardware out of your system that you think are the problems, especially any new hardware that you have recently attached to your computer, and soon after mounting it on your system you encounter with this error.
Some users also came up with the complaint that even the mounting of their headphones sometimes results in this blue screen error. The reason behind this is the fact that their sound card doesn’t support their windows version. They might be directly affecting the functionality of the system. This will even damage your software and system files. Try out the methods mentioned below to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in windows.
METHOD 1: you can TURN OFF FAST STARTUP on your system
- Go to the Start button > then Control Panel > go to Power Options.
- On the left side of the panel, you have to select Choose what functions the power button plays.
- You can now Select Change settings that are currently unavailable on the screen.
- Just scroll down to find the option of Turn on fast startup, then you have to uncheck this option.
- Then you have to click “Save Changes” to save the settings applied and exit.
METHOD 2: Go and CHECK FOR CORRUPTED HARD DRIVE on your system
- Open the Run window and type cmd in the window to solve DPC Watchdog Violation Win 10.
- Now right click the option of Command Prompt and choose to Run it as administrator.
- Allow the administrator permission and type the following command in window: chkdsk c: /f /r.
- Now press the Enter button. Then type Y to allow the check next time you start your computer option.
- Then Restart your computer so that Windows will perform a hard disk check on your system. If found any problem in between, it will help you fix it over.
METHOD 3: You can try to UPDATE CHIPSET DRIVER
- Now open Device Manager to complete the procedure.
- Just right click the controller with the name SATA ACHI in it and choose Properties.
- Now you have to make sure that you have selected the correct and appropriate controller, then go to the Driver tab, now navigate through Driver Details.
- Check for whether iaStorA.sys is listed as a driver or not. Then click OK to exit the window.
- Now go back to the Properties window, and choose Update Driver… under the given Driver tab.
- Now you can choose to “Browse my computer for driver software” option. Then select “let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. This will enable you to choose from your device itself.
- Select Standard SATA AHCI Controller from the list, and now press “Next” to continue and finish the process altogether.
- The process is almost finished. Now just Restart your computer and DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 error will be solved hopefully.
METHOD 4: REINSTALL DISPLAY DRIVER IN SAFE MODE
- Now open Run window and type in msconfig and hit the Enter button.
- Then click Boot tab. Under Boot Options, you have to check for Safe boot and then choose Network from the options.
- After this process, click OK button > Then choose to Restart your system.
- You are in a Safe Mode now, and the error will be eliminated.
- Now you have to go to Device Manager. Find and elaborate the option named Display adapters. Now right click on the display adapter that you have and choose to Uninstall it from the list.
- Now you have to confirm to check the “Delete the driver software for this system” and click on OK button.
- Now you have to again Restart your computer and this will certainly fix DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen of Death error. And hopefully, this will never appear again in near future.
I hope the issue has been resolved with the help of any of the above method you can opt for the care center if the problem still persists. Hence this is all we have about solving DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION permanently through this article. Do let us know if you still face any issues in the comment section below and we shall try to fix your problem as soon as possible.
Thank you 🙂