How To Fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error 0x8004010f
Rahul JhaLast Updated On: March 7, 2020
Fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error 0x8004010f – If you are a regular email user and you use Mircosoft’s Outlook to send and receive emails every day then there are maximum chances you would have come across an Error 0x8004010f. Most of you know this error as “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” and you become clueless what to do in such situation. So today we have dedicated this post to help you all Fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed error permanently.
As per Microsoft this error usually occurs when you outlook account has been corrupted or you transferred your outlook account and that is when an Error 0x8004010f pops up onto your computer screen. You can see the error message as “0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed” or “0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.”
Permanent Fix For Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error 0x8004010f
If you are facing this error regularly, then you don’t need to from now as we have got your back with working methods to solve “Outlook Data Cannot Be Accessed” error. Just go through the below steps to get rid of this Error easily.
Step 1: To Locate The Default Outlook Data File
To resolve and fix error 0x8004010F permanently you need to locate your default outlook data file on your computer and then create a new outlook profile using the below steps. Let’s do this Stepwise.
- Go to Control Panel section on your computer.
- In the Control panel section, you will see several options. Click on the option showing as “Mail”.
- Now you will be seeing a new dialog box on your screen as shown in the image below. Click on Show profile.
- Another dialog box will open now. Select your present outlook profile and then click on the properties button as shown in the image below.
- In the next “Mail setup – Outlook” dialog box click on Data Files option.
- In this step, another dialog box will pop on your screen with title “Account settings”. Go to the Data Files tab and note down or copy the location of the default data file of your current profile.
- Hence you have successfully located your default data file so now you can progress with the further steps.
Step 2: Creating A New Outlook Profile
This is one of the most advanced and working methods to solve Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error. Go through the steps to get it working.
- Click the start button at the bottom left of your screen in Windows PC.
- Search and click on “Control Panel”.
- Go into the “Mail Setup – Outlook” and click on show profiles.
- Now you will see another window with “General Tab” in the dialog box, Click on “Add…”.
- The next step to create your profile would be in the next dialog box which titles as “Auto account setup”. Just select the E-mail account option and enter your details and click on Next.
- You have successfully Configured your new account. Click on Finish.
In this process, we will Manually Create POP3 Email Account
- Click on the Start Button and Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Mail Setup – Outlook Dialog box and click on Show Profiles.
- You will see General tab in the “Mail” dialog box on the screen. Click on Add as shown in the below image.
- Now you will see another dialog box named “New Profile”, just enter a new profile name and click OK.
- Now you will see the “Add New Account” dialog box which you saw in the last method. But this time instead of selecting Email address select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- In the next dialog box, you will be asked to choose a service. Choose “Internet E-mail” as shown below in the image and click Next.
- Enter your Email account details in the Next Dialog box.
- To test if your account is working fine, click on “Test Account Settings”.
- Under the option of “Deliver New Messages to” select Existing Outlook Data File and click on browse.
- Now a window will open and select the existing Outlook data file you have with you in your PC location. Click Ok
- Click Next in the dialog box and click close to the Test account settings dialog box as well.
- Finally, Click Finish Button to complete your process. Now Restart the Outlook.
Step 3: Make it as a Default profile
- Go to the General Tab on your Mail dialog box and select the option “Always use this profile“
- Under the drop-down select the new profile.
- Click Ok and close it.
- You have successfully made this new profile as your default profile.
- Restart Outlook and use it.
In this method, we will explain you using the Keep Profile Method. Let us begin this method step by step to show you how easily you can solve Outlook data file cannot be accessed error on your PC.
- Open your outlook application.
- Go to info and then click on Account settings as shown in the image below.
- Now in the next dialog box go the Email tab and choose the outlook account with which you are facing issues. Now click on “Change folder”.
- Click on the option “New Outlook Data File” and thus create a temporary data file on your computer.
- Go back and give a name to that data file and click Ok.
- Now select Inbox option and click Ok closing the dialog box and now go back to your Account settings window.
- Now click on change folder option in the Account settings tab.
- Now again select the correct data file which you want to put to use. And click OK.
- Come back to account settings dialog box and select Data files tab. Now remove the temporary PST file from the below Folder and close the window.
- Click on Send and receive option.
- Congratulations you have successfully fixed Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error 0x8004010f.
If by completing 2 methods still your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed Error persists then try this method and solve your Outlook 0x8004010f error.
- Completly close your Outlook mail application.
- Go to RUN in the windows start button.
- Enter “regedit.exe” and click ok.
- In the registry editor try to locate “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\PST”
- Now find UseLegacyCacheSize and now right click on it and select delete and click Yes.
- Now exit the registry editor.
By now your outlook should be running smooth. But if you still are facing the Error 0x8004010f or Outlook Data File Cannot Be Found then try using third-party tools. Yes, you heard me right there are a lot of tools in the market which is used to Fix PST corruption issues. If you still have any issues then do comment below and we shall try our best to solve your issues.
Thank you 🙂